Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Flood....

Well this time it gets downright scary right away.  Today, after more measurable precipitation than this little midwestern town can handle, we approach "flood stage."

I started the afternoon thinking about how overworked our sump pump must be.  Realizing that it was dutifully pumping water right out of my basement (we are dry) and depositing it about 2 feet away from my house.  (Ha!  And right back in...)


Off to Lowe's I went for the "kit"...


Yep-that is a leak~and my snazzy rainboot.  Shhh...don't tell the hubby.  I assured him I could do this alone.  Muah!

Sump pump is much less tired now.
but WOW.  Trying to get things tightened while in between bursts of water, kah-razy!
My home is as taken care of as it gets for the flood.  I wish I could say as much for my community!  We already fear that we have lost a Dept of Transportation employee who was working on the ice dams and went into the river.  My thoughts are continuous to him, his family and loved ones...

I ventured to the river this afternoon to see for myself the force of mother nature as the waters rise.
"Fury" is the only word I can use to describe the current.  I watched large branches or small trees floating by at top speed.  Let's hope for a fast recovery.


1 comment:

  1. Yikes. It's crazy that you were dealing with this all a month ago and even now there is still so much crazy weather!!

    ReplyDelete